Covers all sales functions in an assigned territory including: sales growth, development of existing and new customers based on a relationship of trust and commitment, delivering a high level of customer service, contributing to the development of an annual district sales plan, and communicating to the Business Director, Ag Division and other company management important information regarding the marketplace, customers and competition. This position will be primarily focused on the swine and poultry industry. This territory includes VA, WV, KY, OH, PA, NJ, MD, NY, VT, RI, NH, ME, MA, and CT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all Liphatech safety policies and procedures.
- Secure purchase orders from existing and potential customers by promoting product and service benefits.
- Establish and maintain professional customer relationships with appropriate customer personnel.
- Conduct informative training sessions that educate customers on rodent behavior, baiting techniques and product benefits.
- Submit weekly report as defined by the categories on the Ag Division Report form.
- Perform all duties assigned by Business Director, Ag Division.
- Submit an expense report weekly (if not possible, every other week).
- Control expenses to stay within approved district expense budget.
- Collaborate weekly by phone with Business Director.
- Maintain a rolling 3 month electronic calendar with key events identified. As part of this 3 month calendar, maintain 2-3 weeks of activities that include: specific topics, people, meeting times and locations.
- Use the CRM program to manage customers and your district.
- Inform customers of supply and pricing information.
- Keep customers informed on new products/services and other general information of interest to customers.
- Manage customer complaints by notifying proper department of the organization and following up to ensure complaint is resolved.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at or above a satisfactory level.
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel up to 60% with overnight stays.
Education and/or Experience:
- Prefer at least 4 years of successful experience in sales and/or sales management.
- Direct experience in the agricultural industry preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, well organized.
Liphatech offers employees Competitive Pay and an Excellent Benefits Package including PTO, Health, Dental, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Profit Sharing and a 401K with a company match. This position includes use of a company vehicle and necessary information technology equipment.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Liphatech team, please forward your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com or to Liphatech, Attn: Human Resources, 3600 W Elm St., Milwaukee, WI 53209.