Liphatech currently has an exciting opportunity for Machine Operator – Soft Bait. The Machine Operator – Soft Bait performs packaging and processing of product using form, fill and seal machine. Responsible for the formulation, mixing and adding materials for the manufacturing of soft bait.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Comply with all Liphatech safety policies and procedures. In addition comply with the 5S program on a daily basis.
• Operate, adjust and assist to maintain set-up of mixing system and packaging machines to produce quality packaged products.
• Perform all set-up and changeovers such as: Threading packaging material, changing dies/lot number for marking, maintain adjustment for fill or seal and in continuous packaging machine, cleaning various equipment.
• Responsible for accurately weighing products and recording weights according to specifications of work orders.
• Accurately track and record machine data per work instructions.
• Responsible for applying and using correct labels on products.
• Responsible for applying correct lot numbers to pails, cartons and/or cases.
• Responsible for placing bags, pails or cases correctly onto pallets.
• Responsible for reporting malfunctions or errors and requesting corrective action.
• Responsible for cleaning and performing routine maintenance on equipment and packaging machine.
• Ensure accuracy of mixed formulations (correct ingredients are properly measured per specific formula).
• Notify production lead or material handler of needs for ingredients or packaging materials.
• Responsible for checking mixed materials for compliance to specifications and requirements.
• Operate horizontal band sealer and all other place pack and soft bait line equipment.
• Responsible for cleaning the continuous packaging machine and work area.
• Complete set-ups and changeovers and complete necessary paper work.
• Responsible for safely moving product from one location to another.
• Responsible for adhering to all Quality Control requirements.
• Must be trained in an operator level 1 and one of the operator level 2 positions.
• Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at or above a satisfactory level.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to read and comprehend digital scale readings.
Liphatech offers employees Competitive Pay and an Excellent Benefits Package including Paid Time Off, Health, Dental, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Profit Sharing and a 401K with a company match.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Liphatech Team, please forward your resume including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org