Liphatech currently has an exciting opportunity for an R&D Biologist. We offer a safe, collaborative and continuously improving work environment.
Competitive benefits include:
- Health Insurance with Free Vision
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- 401k with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Wellness & Assistance Programs
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
Organize and conduct all EPA product performance testing in support of existing or new product formulations, and in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice standards (GLPs). Oversee the care and feeding of laboratory rodents (rats and mice). Perform formulation investigations on new ingredients and processes under the direction of the R&D Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all Liphatech safety policies and procedures.
- Comply with all Animal Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure that GLP studies comply with the scope of Good Laboratory Practice Standards.
- Evaluate new and alternative raw materials to improve existing products and/or to develop new products.
- Investigate and test new product formulations and/or new packaging for existing formulations. Create formula mixing sheets, produce pilot-scale batches, and conduct non-GLP palatability/efficacy studies.
- Organize and conduct standard EPA product performance testing. Ensure that relevant phases of studies are conducted and records maintained in accordance with the protocol, SOPs and
- GLP requirements. Inform the R&D Manager immediately of any SOP or protocol deviations.
- Assist in drafting new study protocols, compiling and analyzing results, and preparing final reports for both corporate records and regulatory bodies.
- Communicate in a timely fashion, all information regarding formulations, project status, raw material research, results, etc. to the R&D manager and other departments as directed.
- Ensure all logs for test substance, samples, equipment calibration and maintenance, room records and other study documents are current and accurate.
- Ensure all samples are adequately identified, stored, and dispatched in a timely manner according to GLPs.
- Oversee and execute the feeding, watering and monitoring of laboratory rodents.
- Oversee and execute the cleaning of all equipment associated with the care of the rodents.
- Maintain a clean and organized Animal Laboratory.
- Maintain current inventory of all lab chemicals and related Safety Data Sheets (SDSs).
- Maintain non-GLP project database and file cabinet, including both lab and field support studies.
- Prepare sample collection protocols and assist in the aseptic sampling of finished products for internal validation and external submissions to third-party laboratories, as requested.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education and Knowledge Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Science with an emphasis in biology or related field.
Six (6) months of experience in a research environment required.
Prior lab experience with vertebrates is required.
Other Skills and Ability:
Proficient with computers and knowledgeable of spreadsheet and word processing software.
Ability to handle laboratory-bred rats and mice.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability