Liphatech currently has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Assistant at our facility in Milwaukee, WI. Under the guidance of the Human Resources Supervisor provide administrative support ensuring daily Human Resources functions are completed accurately and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation. Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Responsible for set-up of new hires to include security badge, orientation schedule and disseminating information to ensure all necessary items are ready for start date.
- Responsible for the set-up temporary employees in HRIS.
- Conduct new employee orientation and ensure the accurate and timely completion of all required new employee paperwork and its entry into the HRIS and employee personnel files.
- Assist with planning and execute special events such as organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, and retirement celebrations.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process for non-exempt positions. Tracks status of candidates and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process
- Assist with updating job descriptions ensuring accuracy and compliance with state and federal laws.
- Responsible for accurately completing bi-weekly payroll as a back-up to HR Supervisor and Staff Accountant.
- Conducts stay and exit interviews and providing pertinent information to management.
- Comply with all Liphatech Safety requirements as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines and work in a team environment is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at or above a satisfactory level.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws when needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates Degree in Human Resources or related field or two years of experience in Human Resources required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field, preferred.
- Previous payroll processing experience preferred.
Liphatech offers employees Competitive Pay and an Excellent Benefits Package including Paid Time Off, Health, Dental, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Profit Sharing and a 401K with a company match.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Liphatech Team, please forward your resume including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org