Liphatech currently has an exciting opportunity for a Business Manager for our Animal Health Division. The Business Manager will plan, organize and direct implementation of the Liphatech short and long-term sales and marketing strategies and objectives and tactics for the Animal Health product lines in the U.S. and Canada. This person will ensure the Division meets the profitability financial targets according to budgets. The ideal candidate must live near a major airport preferably Atlanta, GA, Charlotte, NC or Chicago, IL. This person will work out of their home office when they are not traveling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all Liphatech safety policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of plans containing: objectives, strategies, tactics, policies and programs needed to operate Liphatech successfully and to provide for its growth and long-term success.
- Analyze and evaluate industry trends, market potential and competitor activities. Relay pertinent findings to management.
- Formulate annual sales and marketing plans for the Animal Health segment and gain management approval. Direct the execution and implementation of the approved business plans for Animal Health.
- Manage the Animal Health business marketing department to assist in the development of strategies, plans, policies and programs necessary to meet the needs of Liphatech customers, contributing to long-term business growth.
- Monitor effectiveness of marketing plans at the field sales level and develop programs to maximize revenue and improve profitability.
- Direct the preparation of business plans for development and commercialization of new products resulting from Liphatech Inc. research programs.
- Evaluate the strength and weaknesses of the sales and marketing personnel. Effectively train, coach and manage personnel to ensure they have the skills and tools to deliver results/business plans/goals/objectives for the Animal Health business.
- Provide input regarding Liphatech pricing policies. Approve any deviations from standard prices and terms.
- Develop a positive working relationship with key distributor, national account and end-user customer personnel while assuring that Liphatech is making the appropriate effort in meeting their needs in a timely and efficient manner. Manages or assigns management responsibility of national accounts to appropriate personnel.
- Investigate new markets for Liphatech products and propose programs to capitalize on opportunities.
- Business Manager is required to be in Liphatech Inc. corporate office at least three (3) to five (5) working days per month. Additional time may be required based on business conditions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at or above a satisfactory level.
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel up to 50% with overnight stays.
Education and/or Experience:
- Four (4) year Bachelor’s degree in animal science or related business field or equivalent experience.
- A Minimum of five (5) years in sales and/or marketing required.
- Five years of previous experience running a sales territory.
- Three years (3) of previous sales force management experience preferred.
- Previous experience managing a divisional income statement (P&L) preferred
- Prior national distributor and/or key account responsibility preferred.
- Previous experience in the animal health industry specifically swine and poultry experience preferred.
Liphatech offers employees Competitive Pay and an Excellent Benefits Package including Paid Time Off, Health, Dental, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Profit Sharing and a 401K with a company match. This position includes use of a company vehicle and necessary information technology equipment.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Liphatech Team, please forward your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com.