Responsible for maintaining the control of data directed through the company’s accounting system. Prepare and analyze various reports, assist in the preparation and review of financial statements. Supervise the Staff Accountant. Assists in ensuring compliance with various taxing authorities and government agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Comply with all Liphatech safety policies and procedures.
• Under the direction of the Director of Finance assists in the preparation, review and analysis of monthly financial statements and sales reports.
• Prepare journal entries for payroll and routine expense accruals.
• Assist with transactional accounting functions and back up the Staff Accountant.
• Assist in the development of the budget and financial planning.
• Assist the Director of Finance in the ongoing development of general accounting and internal control systems.
• Reconcile general ledger accounts.
• Prepare estimates of expenses.
• Recommend improvements in accounting methods, procedures, and controls.
• Prepare Canadian sales (GST/HST) tax reports.
• Review entry of additions to fixed assets for consistency in application of depreciation methods and lives.
• Compile data and documents necessary for review by auditors.
• Manage the travel and entertainment expense reporting and accounting to include the T&E corporate charge card program.
• Investigate inventory cycle count variances.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at or above a satisfactory level.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws when needed. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Liphatech offers employees Competitive Pay and an Excellent Benefits Package including Paid Time Off, Health, Dental, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Profit Sharing and a 401K with a company match.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Liphatech Team, please forward your resume including salary requirements to email@example.com